How to add someone or remove someone from your rent-geared-to-income household:
If someone moves in or moves out of your unit, you must let Toronto Community Housing know within 30 days.
To add someone to your household:
- Complete the Addition to Household Composition Request form.
- Attach all supporting documents.
- Send or bring the information to your Operating Unit or Property Management office.
If your request is approved:
- You may need to sign a new lease.
- Your rent will be recalculated based on your new household income.
- If a person was added to your household and was on the central wait list, he or she will be removed from the list.
Some conditions that must be met before another person can be added to your household include:
- He or she must be eligible for a rent-geared-to-income subsidy.
- Adding the person must meet the City of Toronto's Occupancy Standards (under the Toronto Municipal Code Property Standards section).
- Your account must be in good standing.
- The person(s) being added must not have been evicted from Toronto Community Housing for an arrears-related issue in the last two years.
- The person(s) being added must not have been given a trespass notice and is no longer allowed on the property.
You must contact your Tenant Services Coordinator or Property Administrator within 30 days of someone moving out of your home. If the person was on your lease, they will need to declare in writing that they are giving up on any and all interest in the unit. You may need to sign a new lease.
For more information
Download a PDF version of - Addition to Household Composition Directive - General Terms and Conditions (PDF).