True Vision is an eight-week youth career development and employment program for youths aged 15 to 29 years.
True Vision equips participants with the necessary skills to achieve meaningful and sustainable employment or career choices for their future.
This program provides all the fundamentals of job-readiness, developing a personal digital brand, financial literacy and money management, and job and scholarship applications.
- Attend weekly workshops
- Submit a feedback survey each session
- Attend a weekly case-management session, one-on-one to offer support or mentorship
- The final week features a round-table panel discussion with industry professionals, city officials, technical experts, employers, and TCHC support staff
- High school students receive 30 hours of community service upon program completion
- Connections to additional skills and job training, opportunities for job shadowing and placement, scholarship and city grant applications
- Career Day: a tour to a local college or university to gain insight into post-secondary programs and campus life
- Referrals to training, and employment.
- Tenants aged 15 to 29 years, from a designated VRP community
- Able to go to school and work legally in Canada
- Access to a computer and internet connection
- A positive attitude, and work well in a team setting
In 2023, TrueVision recruited 25 participants from communities along the Jane Street corridor and 6 invitees from neighboring communities. On Career Day, the group visited Seneca College, King Campus.