Help keep money where it is needed most…
…in Toronto Community Housing properties for much-needed repairs and community investments.
Do you know someone in your community who…
Could be lying about their income or assets?
Hasn't reported everyone living in their household?
Could be renting out their apartment to someone else?
If you know someone doing this, money is being wasted.
You can help reduce waste by anonymously reporting fraud and waste in your preferred language.
Make sure your rents are well spent and stay in housing. Everyone who lives in a Toronto Community Housing community should report fraud, waste and dishonest activity if you see it occurring on Toronto Community Housing property.
If you see or think staff or another tenant has committed fraud don't ignore it. Report it immediately while the facts are still fresh in your mind.
Toronto Community Housing has hired SECURaLINE, an independent reporting service that lets you tell us your concerns anonymously on the Internet or by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in your preferred language.
How do you report fraud?
You can report fraud in three ways.
1. By phone
Starting January 1, 2012, you can call the "Do What's Right" hotline to report honest concerns of fraud or waste at
2. By mail
You can write and mail a report to:
Internal Audit - Investigations Unit
c/o Toronto Community Housing
931 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2H2
You can report fraud online using our online fraud reporting tool.
Use this template to help you prepare a written report (PDF).
When you make a report, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Who was involved? (provide names and locations)
- What happened? (describe what you saw or heard)
- When did it happen? (list dates and times)
- Where did it happen?
Use the "Do What's Right" Hotline to report tenants or staff who could:
- Have damaged Toronto Community Housing property
- Have lied about their income
- Have lied on their lease
- Have accepted or given bribes
Other examples of fraud you should report can be found in the Tenant FAQ document.
Do not use this line to:
- Report pests in your unit
- Discuss your rent review
- Request repairs
- Report human rights concerns
These calls should always go to 416-981-5500
When you make a report:
1. You don't have to give your name.
- You can fill a customized form online.
- A trained operator will document your concern when you call.
2. Your concern will be investigated.
3. You will get a tracking number for your report and you might get a follow up call during the investigation.
4. Your report will be managed with care. Retaliation against anyone who reports a concern will not be tolerated.
To learn more, download the
Tenant FAQ document (PDF).
To request a translated version, please email