Leslie Nymark Scholarship
Toronto Community Housing is working with our development partner Tridel to deliver the Leslie Nymark Scholarship Program. This program recognizes the commitment of tenants who have contributed to their community, bettering the world around them and cultivating change in their career.
The scholarship is available to relocated Leslie-Nymark tenants of any age who aim to achieve any of the following achievements to build up or excel in their careers:
- A post-secondary degree from a Canadian college or university.
- A training or academic certificate from an accredited Canadian educational institute or training school.
- Completion of a single course from an accredited Canadian educational institute or training school.
- Scholarship awards are valued at up to $3,000 and cover tuition fees for any program at a post-secondary institute or an accredited Canadian educational/training institute.
- A $500 bursary is available to cover expenses such as textbooks, childcare, transportation, and other related costs.
- These scholarship awards are applicable for full-time studies, part-time studies, and single course enrollment. Programs may be in-person, online, or hybrid.
- Recipients will be selected by a panel of evaluators.
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2023, by the end of the day.
Online info session
Join the online info session on May 8, 2023, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
How to join
Join us on Zoom
Meeting ID: 860 0686 7316
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 780 666 0144 Canada
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
Meeting ID: 860 0686 7316
- The application form can be filled out online, but it should be downloaded, saved, and sent along with other application documents. Once completed, please save your application package as "[Your Name] LN_Scholarship_Application."
- Please add your initials in the designated place as your signature.
- Please follow the instructions provided in the application form on how to prepare and send your application package.
Download the application package to start your application.Application package (PDF)
Please contact Tasheka Mason at 416-799-7490 or Minatallah Ali at Minatallah.Ali@torontohousing.ca.
Need a paper copy, a translation version of the application, or any other accommodation to complete the application? Please contact Tasheka Mason by May 15, 2023.
Leslie Nymark employment
Connecting TCHC tenants with employment is another goal of our revitalization work. TCHC and Tridel are collaborating with our local agencies and partners in order to leverage supports and services.
We have been able to provide our tenants with opportunities by the Canada Summer Jobs Program and the Ontario Summer Experience Program. We anticipate more opportunities to become available as restrictions due to COVID-19 are lifted and employers are in a position to hire more employees.
Contact for more information:
Supervisor, Community Revitalization and Renewal Communities
Community Revitalization Assistant