Under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA or the Act), you can make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to:
- access general records or your own personal information
- correct your personal information
To make an FOI request, follow these steps.
1. Complete the MFIPPA Request Form.
download the MFIPPA Request Form (PDF)
or pick it up in person from the reception desk at our head office at 931 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4W 2H2.
On the form, remember to:
- clearly identify the records you want to access.
- include your contact information.
2. Provide a copy of valid photo ID (personal information requests).
Examples of valid photo ID:
- Driver's licence
- Ontario photo card
- Citizenship card
- First photo page of your passport
Valid photo ID exceptions:
- Valid photo IDs
cannot be expired.
cannot accept health cards as valid photo ID because we are not a provincially funded health care service provider.
3. Get written and signed consent (requests on behalf of someone).
If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must submit written consent signed by the person whose information you want to access along with his or her valid photo ID.
Download the consent form (PDF)
4. Pay the $5 application fee.You must pay the $5 application fee. Please send us a cheque or money order for $5 payable to "Toronto Community Housing Corporation". The $5.00 application fee is mandatory and is non-refundable. If you submit your request in person at our head office located at 931 Yonge Street, you can pay with cash. Please do not send cash in the mail.
5. Submit your request and all supporting documents.Mail the MFIPPA Request Form, a copy of valid photo ID, the written consent form (if needed), and the application fee to:
Attention: Information Specialist
Toronto Community Housing
931 Yonge Street, 6th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4W 2H2
After we receive your requestOnce we receive your request, we will send you a letter letting you know we received it and give you an FOI file number.
In addition to a mandatory $5.00 application fee, you may need to pay additional fees related to your request. These fees may include:
Description of Fees ||
Amount of Fees |
|Search fees||$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent manually searching for a record |
(Fees for severing a record for disclosure)
|$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent preparing a record for disclosure|
|Computer programming||$15 for each 15 minutes spent developing a computer program to retrieve information|
|Photocopies and computer printouts||$0.20 per page|
|Records provided on CD-ROMs||$10 per CD|
|Other charges||The costs, including computer costs, that we incur in locating, retrieving, processing and copying the record if these costs are specified in an invoice that we have received|
If we estimate the cost to process your request is more than $100, we will ask you to give us a deposit of 50%. We will not proceed to process your request until we receive your deposit.