The application process for new buildings is closed. All applications received after the deadline of February 28, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. eastern standard time will NOT be accepted.
1. Am I eligible for affordable rent?
Find out if you are eligible for affordable housing.
2. Building and unit information
There are affordable rental units available in two new buildings, which will be ready for occupancy by mid 2018.
Please see below for details.
To qualify for an affordable rental unit, an applicant's household annual gross income cannot exceed four times the annual rent of the unit they are applying for. Please see the table below for income limit for the units at 50 Regent Park Blvd. and 21 Tubman Ave.:
|Bedroom Size||Monthly rent (utilities included)||Maximum gross household income limit per year|
3. Frequently asked questions
See our frequently asked questions (PDF) or contact the Rental Opportunities Centre to learn more about the new affordable buildings in Regent Park.
4. Selection process
Toronto Community Housing will assign applicants a random number that generates a place on the applicant list for the new buildings. The City will provide oversight of the selection process to ensure it is fair. This random selection applicant list will remain active for two years. Please note: Only one Expression of Interest per household. Duplicate or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- When all the Expression of Interest for Random Selection forms are collected, applicants will receive a randomly assigned position on the applicant list using an electronic system.
- After a random selection applicant list is created, top listed applicants (depending on number of available units) will be contacted to proceed with the approval process for eligibility. You will have five business days to respond with the completed Application for Affordable Rent Accommodation form. If you do not respond by the deadline, you will not be given another opportunity to apply for an affordable rental unit in 50 Regent Park Blvd. and 21 Tubman Ave.
- Approved applicants will be notified about which units are available and given an opportunity to select these units by ranking them in order of preference. Toronto Community Housing will try to offer applicants the units ranked as most desirable; however, there is no guarantee that applicants will receive their first choice.
- If the applicant refuses the unit offered to them, the applicant will not be offered another unit.