Rent payment options

Rent payment options

​​​Your rent is due on the first day of the month, every month.

​You can pay your rent in one of four ways:

1. Pre-authorized payment (PAP)

This is the easiest way to make sure your rent is always paid on time. For pre-authorized rent payment, your bank sends your rent payment from your bank account directly to Toronto Community Housing every month. You will get a form to set up this type of payment when you sign your lease. If you need another copy, you can download the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement form (PDF)​. If you need further assistance, please visit your hub, Regional Office, or Property Management office, or call the Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500.

Both your bank and Toronto Community Housing will charge you a fee if there are not enough funds in your account on the first of each month.

2. Local bank, credit union, trust or cheque cashing company ​payment

You can also pay rent through your local bank, credit union, trust company or cheque cashing company.

If you would like to pay your rent this way, ask your Tenant Services Coordinator or Property Administrator for your Tenant Account Number. You can also find this number on your lease.

When you go to the bank, you will need to tell the teller your TCHC Tenant Account Number and the amount of your TCHC rent. You can pay your rent by transferring money from your bank account or by paying cash. The teller will give you a receipt.​

3. Phone or online banking payment

You may be able to pay your rent by phone or online banking. Speak to someone at your bank, credit union or trust company to find out how.

4. In person

You can drop off a money order or cheque in your hub office. Some offices also have debit machines available.

Important: If you think you might miss or be late with a rent payment, call us.

We want to help you keep your home. If you miss rent payments, you will be in arrears. We can make special arrangements to help you if you are in hospital or have a personal emergency.

Call the Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500 so your Tenant Services Coordinator or Property Administrator knows. We can work with you to create a repayment plan.