Tenant update: State of emergency declared in Ontario
The provincial government has declared a state of emergency in an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19. During the emergency, Toronto Community Housing is continuing to provide essential operations to tenants.
Please be advised that the following measures are in effect until further notice:
- To support social distancing efforts in place across the city, all TCHC offices will close to the public and tenants on March 18 at 2 p.m. Staff will meet with tenants by appointment only. Tenants should contact the Client Care Centre to request services.
- All non-essential maintenance and repairs will be deferred.
- All 2020 Tenant Election activities and all public meetings are suspended.
TCHC is also taking the following measures in our communities:
- We are cleaning and disinfecting common areas where people gather and all frequently touched surfaces three times daily.
- We are advising people not to visit our buildings if they have returned from travel outside Canada or have respiratory illness, cough, fever or trouble breathing.
If you become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, please self-isolate. Stay home and avoid close contact with others, including those in your home.