Start saving for your child's future education
For most people, increasing education also increases earnings. Going to university, on average, increases your lifetime earnings by about $1,000,000.
Are you a parent or youth saving up for upcoming post-secondary education costs? You may be eligible to receive $500 up to $2000 with the Canada Learning Bond! Join us, and our partners at Wealthsimple Foundation, for an education savings workshop in your community to help you unlock government funding for college, university or trades school.
We'll help you open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is an account designed to save for your own, or a child’s, post-secondary education.
- With an RESP, you gain access to various government grants including Canada Learning Bond benefits.
- There are no account fees and it takes 10 minutes; we’ll help you open an RESP on-site!
Canada Learning Bond
- The Canada Learning Bond is a government grant for modest income families to help pay for school that TCHC residents are be eligible for.
- Each child can receive a minimum of $500 up to $2,000 in Canada Learning Bond benefits, no contribution required.
- It also doesn’t impact any other government assistance or grants you may currently be receiving.
- How much post-secondary education costs
- Information about applying for student loans (OSAP)
- How to open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Canada Learning Bond (CLB) and Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG)
- Available scholarships and grants
What to bring
- Your social insurance number (SIN)
- Your child(ren)'s social insurance number (SIN)
Need to get a SIN for your child? It’s free, learn more on the Government of Canada website.
Times and locations
|SPRING SESSIONS: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.||Community|
|Tuesday, April 4||Gordonridge: 20 Gordonridge Place|
|Wednesday, April 26||Islington St Andrews: 2063 Islington Avenue|
|Wednesday, May 3||Davenport: 250 Davenport Road|
|FALL SESSIONS: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, September 20||Queen's Plate: 920 Queen's Plate Drive|
|Wednesday, October 18||Regent Park: 50 Regent Park Blvd|
|Wednesday, November 1||Leslie Nymark: 30 Okra Tomar Crescent|
|Wednesday, November 15||Virtual Session|
To register for a workshop, please sign up on Eventbrite via the links below:
For questions, please contact Sanitra Henderson via Sanitra.Henderson@torontohousing.ca or (647) 457-4832.