Toronto Community Housing is going beyond bricks and mortar to build clean, safe homes for our residents while creating vibrant communities where people can thrive.
By working together with the City of Toronto, our residents, our neighbours, and our private development partners, we are transforming aging housing infrastructure to build better homes, better neighbourhoods, and a better Toronto for all.
Allenbury Gardens is Toronto Community Housing’s first Revitalization community in the north east part of the City. Located near a key transit hub, this redevelopment will provide residents with new homes while bringing new amenities that benefit the entire community.
Close to the Don Mills subway station and Fairview Mall, bordered by Highway 404 (east), Fairview Mall Drive (south), Godstone Road (west), and Kingslake Road and Allenbury Gardens (north)
Allenbury Gardens: by the numbers
- Replaced RGI Rental Units: 127
- Market Units: 900
- Demolition Start Date: 2015
- Construction Start Date: 2015
- Anticipated Project Length: 5 years for Phase 1, Phase 2 will begin after completion of Phase 1
- Total Size:7 acres
- Amenities: A new public park, featuring a playground and splash pad leash dog run, adult fitness equipment, two privately owned, publicly accessible, shared courtyard space, new servicing infrastructure and an indoor community amenity space
- Retail Space: 199 square metres
- Employment: 32 jobs created (as of November 2017)
Click on the image above to view the full site plan
Development Partner: FRAM
Architect: Core Architects with Van Elslander Carter Architects
July 2010 Resident consultations launched
April 2013City Council approval for Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment
2015 Phase 1 construction begins
November 2017Phase 1 completed
Phase 2 construction begins (estimated)
- Read the Fall 2018 issue of our Allenbury Gardens newsletter [PDF]
- Elected officials and tenants joined Toronto Community Housing and FRAM Building group
to celebrate the opening of Phase 1 of the Allenbury Gardens revitalization project.
- After consultations with residents, the architects have prepared designs of the new units to be constructed in Allenbury Gardens.