You could receive up to $4,000 to cover tuition fees for the first year of your postsecondary education or training (college, university, trade school, apprenticeship)
Who is eligible?
Youth who are attending postsecondary school in 2023/2024
29 years old or younger (as of May 31, 2023)
Not previous recipient of the IIOD Scholarship
Toronto Community Housing tenants or a person living in the Scadding Court Community Centre (SCCC) catchment area (Lake Ontario to the south, Bloor Street to the north, Yonge St. to the east, and Lansdowne Ave. to the west)
- Entering first year of postsecondary school
- Returning postsecondary student
- Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
Everyone who applies for a scholarship will receive:
- One-on-one counselling to assist with resume writing, job searching
- Employment services offered through St. Stephen’s Community House Employment and Training Centre and Toronto Youth Employment Services
- Assistance with looking for and getting a job
How are recipients selected?
Successful scholarship recipients are selected from among Toronto's up-and-coming diverse young leaders. Each recipient must have made a strong contribution to their communities in promoting diversity, equity and anti-racism dialogue.
The scholarship funds can be used by students to pay for tuition fees, books and residence fees at publicly-funded, Canadian post-secondary institutions or related expenses. The funds may also be applied towards the costs of a recognized trade apprenticeship program or to support a transitional year for mature students returning to school.
**Ted Rogers Scholarship**
The Ted Rogers Scholarship is another scholarship that aims to provide access to post-secondary education and reward
youth who demonstrate community leadership. If you would like to be considered for the IIOD Scholarship *AND* the Ted Rogers Scholarship, applications for both must be received no later than
Monday, February 13, 2023
at 5p.m. You can find the Ted Rogers Scholarship application form here