1. Information to include in a complaint
Please provide specific and detailed information to support any allegations that answers the following question:
- What are the allegations? Review the types of allegations and give as much information as you can about the suspected TCHC-related incident of fraud that happened.
Where did the suspected incident of fraud occur? Please review the list of TCHC Addresses & Locations to make sure the location where fraud happened is in the TCHC portfolio.
Who are the individuals involved? For example, names of tenants, staff, contractors or other individuals.
How long has the suspected incident of fraud been taking place?
- Who else may be aware of the incident of fraud? For example, police, media, staff or other individuals.
Please review TCHC's Addresses and Locations to confirm that the location where the suspected incident of fraud happened in the TCHC portfolio. This will make sure your complaint is being reported and investigated through the correct channel. The list of TCHC addresses has been divided into the following regions:
- Tenants who have failed to report changes in household composition:
- People living in the unit who are not on the lease
- Overhoused – falsifying the number of occupants in a household in order to maintain a larger unit
- Tenants subletting all or part of a subsidized unit
- Tenants with undeclared income and/or assets
- Tenants who have falsified or altered income documents
- Tenants with undeclared residential property
- Tenants failing to report that students are no longer attending post-secondary courses
- Staff, contractor and vendor:
- Misconduct or waste
- Unethical conduct and/or conflict of interest
- Fraud and theft
4. How to submit a report
There are three ways to report cases of suspected fraud or waste:
- Phone: call the fraud hotline at 1-866-781-7956. Calls are answered 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year by an independent call centre. There is also an option to leave report through voicemail.
- Online: complete and submit your complaint via our secure online form.
- Mail: submit your complaint in writing and mail it to: ClearView Connects P.O. BOX 11017, TORONTO, Ontario M1E 1N0
Refer to the Reporting Guide to learn more about how ClearView Connects works, and how ClearView Connects protects your anonymity.