3. Who must follow this policy?
This policy applies to all Toronto Community Housing employees, board members, contract management companies and vendors.
5. What kind of information does Toronto Community Housing collect about its tenants?
- Promote a culture and business practices where information is accessible, while respecting the security and privacy of personal information
- Educate employees who are responsible for protecting personal information
- Follow procedures when disclosing personal information to law enforcement agencies in Canada
- Investigate and respond to complaints about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Toronto Community Housing collects personal information when a household applies to become a tenant of Toronto Community Housing and throughout the duration of the tenancy. Toronto Community Housing may also collect the address, contact information and financial information of former tenants who owe money related to their former tenancy. Read the
Notice on Collection, Use and Disclosure (PDF) for more information about Toronto Community Housing’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
7. Can employees access information that is not associated with their work?
Toronto Community Housing employees are not allowed to use, access or disclose personal information that is not related to their work.
8. What happens if employees do not follow this policy?
Employees who do not follow this policy or the related sections outlined in the Code of Conduct may be subject to discipline up to and including termination for cause.
9. How will Toronto Community Housing collect, use and disclose personal information?
10. How long will Toronto Community Housing retain collected information?
Personal information will be retained for the duration of its purpose. Once the purpose is completed, the personal information will be disposed of in accordance with Toronto Community Housing’s records retention schedule.
11. Can Toronto Community Housing collect or use personal information without consent?
Yes, Toronto Community Housing may collect, use and disclose personal information without consent if it is allowed by legislation.
12. Can I access a record that is in the custody of Toronto Community Housing?
13. How can I access records that are in the custody of Toronto Community Housing?
MFIPPA request form (PDF) and sending it to the Information Specialist, Toronto Community Housing Corporation, 931 Yonge St., 6th Fl., Toronto, Ontario M4W 2H2. Use the form to request access to a general record or personal information record, or to request a correction to a personal information record in the custody of Toronto Community Housing.
You can request access to a record by filling out an
14. What happens if there is a privacy breach?
For questions or concerns related to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, contact the Information Specialist at 931 Yonge St., 6th Fl., Toronto, Ontario M4W 2H2, email Privacy@torontohousing.ca or call