Rookie League is a summer long baseball day-camp program for kids 6 to 12 years old. Jays Care Foundation, in partnership with Toronto Community Housing, have run this program for 27 seasons to help build strong communities by teaching life lessons about teamwork, leadership and fair play, on and off the field. Registered players receive a hat, water bottle, back pack, glove and a t-shirt, imprinted with the name of a current Toronto Blue Jays player. In 2015, over 1,250 youth from 50 Toronto Community Housing neighbourhoods developed their baseball skills through weekly drills, games and tournaments.
February 20, 2016: Rookie League Youth Job Fair
- *Interviews on-the-spot for Junior and Senior Program Leader positions*
View the event poster [PDF]
Read frequently asked questions
- May 2016: Registration takes place from May 9 to 23. For more information please look for posters in your community.
- July 2016:Rookie League starts
How to apply
- Registration takes place from May 9 to 23. Please look for posters in your community or for more information call 416-981-6300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs, re: Rookie League Job Fair
When will I find out if I've been selected to be a Junior or Senior Program Leader?
- Youth who were interviewed at the Rookie League job fair will find out if they were selected by no later than this Friday, February 26, 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
What location will I be working in as a Junior or Senior Program Leader?
- Youth will work in various locations across the city.
When will I start working as a Junior or Senior Program Leader?
- Training and part-time work will happen between June 17 to July 1, 2016. Full-time work will happen between July 4 to August 19, 2016.
How much will I be paid as a Junior or Senior Program Leader ?
- Junior Program Leaders earn $11.25/hour and Senior Program Leaders earn $12.25/hour.
Employment is conditional upon mandatory training, valid First Aid/CPR certification, and for those over 18 years of age or who will turn 18 by August 19th, 2016, a cleared vulnerable sector screening. BACK TO TOP