High winds can blow objects around and pose a significant risk to your safety.
- Stay inside a sturdy building while winds are blowing.
- Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
- Strong winds can down power lines and trees. Power lines that are laying on the ground may be live; do not go near them.
- If you experience a power outage or see a fallen power line, call Toronto Hydro at 416-542-8000 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Report fallen branches or trees to 311 Toronto at 3-1-1 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- For any emergencies, call 9-1-1.
Secure your belongings
- Secure loose belongings on your balcony or in your yard as they may be tossed around by the wind and can cause injury.
The City of Toronto has information and tips on how to prepare for and deal with emergencies like high winds: