Once every year, your Superintendent will inspect your unit to make sure:
- Your unit's smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide alarms, if applicable) are working.
- Window screens are not damaged and window locks are in place and not tampered with.
- Appliances are clean and working.
- There is no excessive clutter or fire hazards.
- There are no major repairs needed.
The annual unit inspection is a time to check for capital repair needs and compliance with municipal licensing standards. For example: if you are living in a townhouse, during the annual unit inspection, staff will make sure there are no modifications in the basement.