Use less energy and water, and reduce waste.
We are making changes to our properties to help save energy and water. Less money spent on utilities means more money for building maintenance
. You can do your part:
- Turn lights off when you leave.
- Take shorter showers.
- Do not leave the water running while brushing your teeth.
- Use cold water when doing your laundry.
- Use a drying rack (not a clothesline) to dry clothes on your balcony instead of using the dryer.
- Keep windows closed in winter. If it is too warm in winter, if possible, turn down the thermostat or talk to your Superintendent.
- Do not use your oven to warm up in winter if it is too cold. It is unsafe. Talk to your Superintendent so we can find the problem and fix it.
- Do not leave the fridge door open, and do not keep it colder than it should be.
- Tell us about leaky taps and windows that do not close properly.
- When buying electronics, look for Energy Star labels. Electronics with this label use less energy.
- Turn off or unplug TVs, stereos, and computers when they are not being used, or use a power bar so you can turn them off with one switch.
- Reduce, recycle, and reuse as much as you can.
If you have questions about recycling or anything else in your building, speak to your Superintendent or call the Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500
.Learn more about Toronto Community Housing's green initiatives