The Building our Future: Limitless Heights Scholarship Program provides Lawrence Heights and Neptune residents of all ages with financial support for post-secondary education or training.
Context-Metropia (also known as Heights Development Inc.), Toronto Community Housing's developer partner for phase one of Lawrence Heights revitalization donated $500,000 to the Toronto Community Housing scholarship fund for the purpose of helping residents to acquire knowledge and skills needed to secure better lives.
This scholarship program recognizes the commitment of resident leaders of all ages, who have been involved in community development initiatives and have made significant contributions within the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities.
The scholarship program offers:
- Up to $3,000 for tuition fees
- $300 bursary to cover additional costs, including books, laboratory materials, transportation and childcare service
Applications for the 2020 Limitless Heights Scholarship are now OPEN!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This program recognizes the commitment of resident leaders of all ages who have been involved in community development and have made significant contributions to the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities.
What does this program offer?
- Up to $3,000 scholarship to cover tuition fees for any full-time program at a recognized postsecondary education or training school (i.e., college, university, career academy and trade school)
- A $300 bursary to cover additional costs, including books, lab fees, transportation and/or childcare
Who is eligible?
Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) tenants of the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities who can answer "YES" to all of the following:
- I am a current or relocated Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) tenant (due to ongoing revitalization) of Lawrence Heights or Neptune community with proof of tenancy.
- Entering or currently enrolled in a full-time or part-time postsecondary institution (public or private), taking a training course (college, university, career academy and trade school) or enrolled in a degree/diploma program.
- Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Not a past recipient of the Building our Future: Limitless Heights Scholarship Program.
What is required for the application?
- Application form (PDF) - completed and signed
- Biography (one paragraph)
- One reference letter
- An official academic transcript (if graduated from high school in the last four years).
- A career plan developed with an employment or resource counsellor.
- A personal statement describing your leadership roles in the Lawrence Heights or Neptune communities, educational achievements, and how your educational goals will help you support the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities.
- A budget and financial statement outlining your current financial need, resources available to you, and how this scholarship will address your need.
- Additional supporting materials related to your community involvement or other certifications (optional
When is the application due?
The application is due by Friday, July 3, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Contact Shane Bourne at Shane.Bourne@torontohousing.ca or call 647-654-8639. You can also visit torontohousing.ca/lhscholarship to read more about the program and download the application form.
Connect with us on social media: