YouthWorx is an annual summer employment program developed and led by Toronto Community Housing since 2013. YouthWorx focuses on employing young people in various small scale labour jobs, including community clean ups, community gardening and beautification (weed pulling, basic shrub pruning), light cleaning and painting. The program employs 14 to 19 year olds as team participants (Field Workers) and 18-29 year olds as site leads (Building Community Facilitators). In 2015, YouthWorx expanded to include assistance in seniors' communities.
To apply, attend an OPEN CALL session at 3 p.m.:
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 339 Bloor St. W
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at Doug Saunders, 1775 Eglinton Ave. W
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at Gordonridge Community Centre, 20 Gordonridge Pl.
- No registration is required
- Candidates must live in Toronto Community Housing
- Bring your resume AND two references
- When you arrive you will be given a number and be interviewed on a first-come first-served basis
Attend our Youth Pre-Employment Session on May 2
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 341 Bloor Street W., 2nd Floor Recreation Room