What is Be.Build.Brand.?
Be.Build.Brand. (B3) is a 10-week entrepreneurship program for Toronto Community Housing tenants between the ages of 18 and 29. The program supports entrepreneurial ideas in the pre-incubation stage and helps participants to turn their ideas into viable business plans. The program offers exposure to relevant entrepreneurship content, industry guest speakers, and capacity-building opportunities.
Participants will get the opportunity to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges for a chance to win seed funds for their business venture.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's B3 program will be held online.
The program is hosted throughout a three-month period. A three-hour session is typically delivered once a week with some weeks having two sessions per week.
- Tuesday, May 4, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, May 13, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 18, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, May 20, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, May 27, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 1, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 3, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 10, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 15, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 17, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 22, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 24, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 29, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 8, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 13, from 6 to 9 p.m. (Mock Pitch)
- Thursday, July 29, from 6 to 9 p.m. (Final Pitch Contest)
Who is eligible?
- Toronto Community Housing tenants
- Youth who are 18 to 29 years old (as of September)
- Not a previous recipient of Be.Build.Brand. start-up business fund
What are the program benefits?
- Potential funding of up to $2,500 through Pitch Contest
- Potential opportunity to receive free branding and marketing from professional agency
- Access to Digital Main Street – website development and digital marketing consultation
- Actionable Business Plan through lean business model canvas
- Networking opportunities with industry mentors, guest speakers and Be.Build.Brand alumni
- Weekly training and skill-building opportunities
How do I apply?
- Download the fillable application form (PDF)
- Download the 2021 B3 poster (PDF).
- Email your completed form to email@example.com no
later than Monday,
April 12, 2021 by 5 p.m.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted by the Be.Build.Brand. representative.
Who can I contact?
For information on how to enroll in the Be.Build.Brand. program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-881-4092.
2020 Be.Build.Brand. Pitch Contest winners:
Help spread the word!
Be.Build.Brand in the news:
In partnership with:
Pitch Prize Sponsor: