Be.Build.Brand. is a 12-week entrepreneurship program for Toronto Community Housing tenants between the ages of 18 and 29. The programs offers mentorship and capacity-building opportunities to equip young tenants with skills needed to turn their ideas into viable businesses.
Be.Build.Brand. takes place in fall of every year and in three phases. Participants are coached and get to pitch their idea to a panel of judges for a chance to win seed funds for their ventures.
- Phase 1 (BE): Self-assessment and evaluation of business objectives.
- Phase 2 (BUILD): Training and development on the fundamentals of building a business from the ground up.
- Phase 3 (BRAND): Teaches participants the importance of networking, marketing, and pitching their business idea.
Who is eligible?
- Toronto Community Housing tenants
- Youth who are 18 to 29 years old (as of September)
- Not a previous recipient of Be.Build.Brand. start up business fund
What are the program benefits?
- Start-up fund (upon completion of the program)
- Potential funding through Pitch Contest
- Networking opportunities with industry mentors and Be.Build.Brand alumni
- Weekly training and skill-building opportunities
- Food and refreshments will be provided
- Transportation reimbursement - TTC tokens
How do I apply?
2019 application is now closed.
Who can I contact?
For information on how to enroll in the Be.Build.Brand. program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-981-6300.
Be.Build.Brand in the news
In partnership with: