The health and safety of tenants and staff is top priority. Toronto Community Housing is working closely with Toronto Public Health to establish additional safety protocols to protect tenants who wish to participate in election activities. We are also monitoring updates from the provincial government and so these protocols may change as updates are released.
Click one of the buttons below to visit that webpage:
Tenant Elections Milestones:
- In the first quarter of 2020, building and townhouse communities across Toronto Community Housing (TCHC), including those in direct and contract managed communities and the Seniors Housing Unit, participated in the selection of their preferred local engagement model at the building/townhouse level.
- In March 2020, TCHC suspended all engagement activities due to COVID-19. Not all communities were able to select their preferred local engagement model at the building/townhouse level before activities were stopped.
- Based on approvals from Toronto Public Health and the TCHC Board of Directors, TCHC staff have resumed the tenant election process in a multi-phased approach. Tenant elections will be held across the portfolio in three phases.
- Communities in phase one (PDF) completed their elections in November 2020.
- Communities in phase two (PDF) completed their elections in December 2021.
Communities in phase three (PDF) are expected to have established their tenant leadership (Tenant Elections completed) in March 2022. Communities that have open leadership positions will be able take part in by-elections scheduled for March 2022.
Elections and related engagement activities are subject to change based on advice and guidelines from Toronto Public Health, City of Toronto and the provincial government.