Useful numbers

Useful numbers

​Do you use a TTY device?​

A TTY (Text Telephone) device helps people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired to use the telephone. We put "TTY" next to the numbers that are TTY-compatible below.​​

​Service​​​​ Contact information​
City services​
Call for information about services provided by the City of Toronto. Operators speak many languages.
​Call: 311 or 416-338-0889 TTY

Visit online: City services
​Federation of Metro Tenants' Associations
This non-profit organization works to improve tenants' rights. Call for information about your rights as a tenant.
Call: 416-921-9494

Visit online: Federation of Metro Tenants' Associations
Landlord and Tenant Board​
Call for information about the Residential Tenancies Act and for help with disagreements between you and your landlord, Toronto Community Housing. The Act explains the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants who rent residential properties.
Call: 416-645-8080 or

Visit online:Landlord and Tenant Board

Municipal Licensing and Standards​
Call for information about property standards (such as timeliness or failure to make necessary repairs) or to make a complaint about bylaw violations in common areas and individual units.
Call: 311 or 416-338-0889 TTY

Visit online:Municipal Licensing and Standards
Social services​
Call for information about social services and community agencies in your area. Operators speak many languages.
Call: 211 or 1-888-340-1001 TTY

Visit online:Social services
​Telehealth Ontario​
Call to get confidential health advice or information from a registered nurse.
Call: 1-866-797-0000 or

Visit online: Telehealth Ontario
​Toronto Ombudsman's Office​​
Call to make complaints about city government (this includes its agencies, boards, commissions, and Toronto Community Housing) after you have tried all other options.
Call: 416-392-7062 or

Visit online:Toronto Ombudsman's Office
​Toronto Public Health​
Your call can be forwarded to a public health professional for free, confidential health information and advice, or to register for public health programs like food-handler training and prenatal classes.
​ ​Call: 311​ or 416-392-0658 TTY​​

Visit online: Toronto Public Health​