Applications open for a limited time
You can apply from Jan. 30 to Feb. 28. The deadline is Feb. 28 at 4:30 p.m. eastern standard time.
One-, two- and three-bedroom affordable rental units will be ready for occupancy by mid-2018 in two new Regent Park buildings located at 50 Regent Park Blvd. and 21 Tubman Ave. Please make sure you review the eligibility PDF below.
1. Am I eligible for affordable rent?
Find out if you are eligible for affordable housing.
2. Building and unit information
There are affordable rental units available in two new buildings, which will be ready for occupancy by mid 2018.
Please see below for details.
To qualify for an affordable rental unit, an applicant's household annual gross income cannot exceed four times the annual rent of the unit they are applying for. Please see the table below for income limit for the units at 50 Regent Park Blvd. and 21 Tubman Ave.:
|Bedroom Size||Monthly rent (utilities included)||Maximum gross household income limit per year|
3. How do I apply?
You must submit the Expression of Interest for Random Selection form (PDF) within the 30-calendar-day timeframe specified, which is Jan. 30 until Feb. 28, 2018.
The deadline is Feb. 28, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. eastern standard time.
Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one Expression of Interest per household. Duplicate or incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applicants can express interest in the following two ways:
- Email the Expression of Interest for Random Selection form to Rentalopportunities@torontohousing.ca
- Mail the Expression of Interest for Random Selection form to:
267 Jarvis St., Toronto ON M5B 2C2
Please note: Applicants cannot apply in person at the Rental Opportunities Centre.
Expression of Interest for Random Selection form (PDF)
4. Selection process
Toronto Community Housing will assign applicants a random number that generates a place on the applicant list for the new buildings. The City will provide oversight of the selection process to ensure it is fair. This random selection applicant list will remain active for two years. Please note: Only one Expression of Interest per household. Duplicate or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- When all the Expression of Interest for Random Selection forms are collected, applicants will receive a randomly assigned position on the applicant list using an electronic system.
- After a random selection applicant list is created, top listed applicants (depending on number of available units) will be contacted to proceed with the approval process for eligibility. You will have five business days to respond with the completed Application for Affordable Rent Accommodation form. If you do not respond by the deadline, you will not be given another opportunity to apply for an affordable rental unit in 50 Regent Park Blvd. and 21 Tubman Ave.
- Approved applicants will be notified about which units are available and given an opportunity to select these units by ranking them in order of preference. Toronto Community Housing will try to offer applicants the units ranked as most desirable; however, there is no guarantee that applicants will receive their first choice.
- If the applicant refuses the unit offered to them, the applicant will not be offered another unit.