TORONTO, March 20, 2020—Toronto Community Housing is continuing to provide essential services to tenants during the COVID-19 emergency.
To support vulnerable Toronto Community Housing tenants we are:
- Redeploying staff to call tenants and do wellness checks for all tenants who have been previously identified as vulnerable.
- Working with tenants who need help with daily help tasks during this time, such as food and medicine delivered to their home. Tenants should call TCHC's 24-hour Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500 and we will assist them.
- Asking all tenants who are self-isolating to voluntarily inform us so we can take appropriate safety measures and connect them to needed supports.
- Food banks which agencies normally operate in TCHC buildings are still open, with special precautions for cleanliness and social-distancing.
- We are working with volunteer networks and others to ensure we are able to deliver food to tenants who are in self-isolating and need help with daily living needs, such as food and medicine, during the COVID-19 emergency period.
- We are working with our partner agencies in Toronto, including health agencies and food bank providers, to fill any gaps when agencies have had to cut back services, and to ensure we continue to support vulnerable tenants.
Informing tenants about COVID-19 measures
About Toronto Community Housing:
Toronto Community Housing (www.torontohousing.ca) is Canada's largest social housing provider. We provide homes for nearly 60,000 low- and moderate-income households in neighbourhoods across the city.
TCHC Media Contact: