MEETING FOR SOUTH TOWER RESIDENTS OF 200 WELLESLEY - A meeting for South tower residents will be held on Tuesday, October 26th in the Wellesley Community Centre Gym (495 Sherbourne Street), from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm to introduce the new property management team and answer questions. Please call 416-981-5520 if you will attend this meeting and to let us know if you require interpretation services.
If your apartment is in the South tower and you haven't moved home yet, please call 416-981-5520 to find out if you can.
NORTH TOWER & Floor 24 SOUTH RESIDENTS
North Tower and Floor 24 South tenants who have not been able to return home or access their belongings will receive a one-time clothing allowance: tenants in bachelor and one-bedroom apartments will receive $150, tenants in two-bedroom units will receive $300.
- The primary lease holder will receive this assistance through pre-paid debit cards, one per unit. Cards will be distributed at the Wellesley Community Centre beginning November 1.
- North Tower and Floor 24 South tenants will not have to pay November rent
- ODSP and Ontario Works will not claim back the shelter allowance portion of cheques. If your shelter allowance is paid directly to Toronto community Housing, the pay direct has been removed and these monies will be included in your regular cheque / DBD entitlement. If you have any questions, contact your local OW or ODSP caseworker.
- Tenants staying with friends and family will also receive $10 a day for each of the next 30 days; this applies to tenants who stay with family and friends from October 15 to November 15. We will start distributing these payments on November 19.
- If you are a North tower resident and did not attend the meeting held Saturday, October 16, please call the Tenant Hotline (416-981-5520) to arrange to receive important information about your apartment
Donation Centre - Please note the donation centre will be closed on Sunday October 24 and Monday October 25, for Election Day.
As of Tuesday, October 26, the donation centre will only be available to North Tower and Floor 24 South tenants who have not been able to return home or access their belongings since the fire on September 24.
The donation centre is open Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 8 pm and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday. Bus service to the donation centre will not be available as of October 26, if you require transportation from the Wellesley Community Centre, please contact a staff member from the City of Toronto. Items that may be available at the donation centre, include: shoes, clothing, and dog food.
Toronto Elections - Tenants of 200 Wellesley Street East, can vote on, October 25 at the Wellesley Community Centre (495 Sherbourne Street) Gym from 10 am to 8 pm. If you do not have your ID, you can use the yellow form or the letter that you received from Toronto Community Housing to vote. You are eligible to vote if you are: a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years old on October 25, a resident of the City of Toronto, not prohibited from voting under any law.
Residents of floors 23, 24 & 25 (North) and 24 (South)
These floors were most damaged by the fire. There is a relocation office for these tenants only at 325 Bleecker Street. The office is open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.
200 Wellesley Information Centre - The information centre at the Wellesley Community Centre is open Monday to Friday, 11 am to 6 pm and on Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm (closed Sundays); however, if you need tokens or food vouchers, City of Toronto staff are available on site to provide them from 9 am to 7 pm 7 days a week.
CANADA POST - Mail delivery has resumed in the South tower. Mail pick up for tenants who have not returned to the building will be offered at the Wellesley Community Centre, Monday - Friday, from 11 am to 1 pm. A change of address form can be completed at the community centre, free of charge, if needed. Changing your address back is also free of charge and the change takes effect the day after you submit your form.
Important information for those returning home
- All visitors must sign in and out with security due to the Fire Watch. Visitors are allowed from 9 am - 9 pm.
- Daily tests confirm that the air quality in the South tower, hallways, lobby area and laundry room is safe
- Work crews in the North tower wear protective masks and suits because they spend a lot of time in areas that are wet and smoke-damaged
- Leave fans and dehumidifiers on to help get rid of moisture
- Damaged wristbands can be brought into the community centre for a new one. We are working on a new system to replace wristbands.
Change to Property Management at 200 Wellesley
On October 2nd, Toronto Community Housing took over management of 200 Wellesley. Superintendent hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm. After hours, please call the 24-hour Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500.
YOUR SUPPORT TEAM
- Nancy Evans, Operating Unit Manager
- Elvira Dos Santos, Community Housing Supervisor
- Manny Pereira, Senior Superintendent
- Doug Crimp, Senior Superintendent
- Paulina Vivanco, Health Promotion Officer