Approximately 250 households have returned home. Residents continue to move back in phases, as apartments are ready.
Do We Have Your Current Contact Information? Please call the Wellesley Tenant Information Hotline at 416-981-5520 with your current contact information so we can reach you when your apartment is ready.
Residents of the south tower - Tenants who live in the South tower have unit numbers ending in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, and 15. Only some units ending in 14 are ready for return. Please call the Wellesley Tenant Information Hotline at 416-981-5520 to find out if your apartment is ready. Important information for those returning home:
- For security reasons, we cannot allow visitors to 200 Wellesley for the next few days. Please meet your visitors outside or at a different location.
- Don't unplug the fans or dehumidifiers running on your floor. These machines are in place to get rid of moisture.
- If you borrowed a pet carrier from Animal Services, please return it to the Information Desk at Wellesley Community Centre (495 Sherbourne).
- Returning residents will receive cleaning supplies and a prepaid Sparkle gift card for 2-weeks of free laundry in the building Laundromat.
- In the next few days, Toronto Community Housing staff will deliver food vouchers.
Residents of the North Tower - The North tower was harder hit by the fire. There is significant water and smoke damage. Staff are working 24 hours a day to clean and make repairs. Tenants who live in the North tower have unit numbers ending in 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26. Until those units are ready, North-tower tenants will have a place to stay.
Residents of the 23rd, 24th and 25th floors (both towers) - The 23rd, 24th and 25th floors were most damaged as they were closest to the fire. These floors require extensive clean up and repairs. If you live on these floors, Toronto Community Housing will be in touch about long-term accommodations. Please make sure we have your current contact information.
New donation centre - Residents of 200 Wellesley can pick up donated items at 257 Jarvis Street, north of Dundas Street. Please bring your yellow registration card as identification. Hours of operation:
Monday, October 4th noon until 8 p.m.
Weekdays from October 5th onwards 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Cheques at the Wellesley Community Centre - Cheques can be picked up starting Monday October 4th at your local Toronto Employment and Social Services office or local ODSP office.
Mail Pick Up - Canada Post will be onsite from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday. Residents can pick up mail at the kitchen window in the Wellesley Community Centre using their Toronto Community Housing letter of identification and yellow registration card.
Extended Library Hours - The St. James Town branch of the Toronto Public Library will be open late every evening and will open on Sundays and Mondays to support residents of 200 Wellesley as long as the Wellesley Community Centre is open.
We will continue to keep you informed via:
- the Wellesley Tenant Information Hotline: 416-981-5520
- regular updates at The Wellesley Community Centre (495 Sherbourne)
- our websites: www.torontohousing.ca and www.toronto.ca