Tenant Update -- October 7, 2010, 4 p.m.
At this time, 304 households have returned home. Residents continue to move back as apartments are ready.
Please call 416-981-5520 with your current contact information so we can reach you when it's time to return home.
23rd & 25th floors in the SOUTH tower - Most of these units are ready for return. If your unit number ends in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 or 15, please call 416-981-5520 to find out if you can go home. The leaseholder must be present to return to the building. Please bring your keys, yellow registration card and photo ID, if you have it. Anyone requiring independent access must register.
The rest of the SOUTH tower - Most units in the South tower are ready for return. If your unit number ends in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 or 15, please call 416-981-5520 to find out if you can go home.
Important information for those returning home
Residents of the North Tower
- For now, visitors are limited to health care & personal support workers.
- Regular air quality tests continue to make sure the building is safe.
- Don't unplug the fans and dehumidifiers. They help get rid of moisture.
- Please return borrowed pet carriers to the Wellesley Community Centre.
- Returning residents receive cleaning supplies, a Sparkle card for temporary free laundry and grocery vouchers
- Staff are working 24 hours a day to clean and make repairs to units in the North tower. Tenants who live in the North tower have unit numbers ending in 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26. Until those units are ready, tenants will have a place to stay.
Residents of the 23rd, 24th and 25th floors (North) and 24th (South)
- These floors were most damaged by the fire. If you live on these floors, we will be in touch about long-term accommodation. Please make sure we have your current contact information. There is a relocation office for these tenants only at 325 Bleecker Street. It is open from 10 a.m. to 6 pm.
Mail Pick Up
- Canada Post is at the Wellesley Community Centre from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday. Residents can pick up mail using their Toronto Community Housing letter of identification and yellow registration card. A change of address form can be completed free of charge, if needed.
Change to Property Management at 200 Wellesley
- As of October 2nd, Toronto Community Housing took over management of 200 Wellesley. Superintendent hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, please call the 24-hour Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500.
NEW DONATION CENTRE - There is a new donation centre at 257 Jarvis Street, north of Dundas Street. There are shuttle buses from the Wellesley Community Centre. Please bring your yellow registration card. The donation centre at 519 Church is closed.
The donation centre at 257 Jarvis is open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The donations centre is closed on Monday, October 11th for Thanksgiving.
Visit the new donation centre for new and used items such as:
- School supplies
- Pots and pans
- Pet food
- Non-perishable food
Thanksgiving - Social Housing Services Corporation and Toronto Community Housing, along with our community partners, are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for residents of 200 Wellesley on Sunday, October 10 at the Ramada Inn at 300 Jarvis Street. Meals will be served in two sittings, the first at 1 p.m. and another at 4:30 p.m. Please bring your yellow registration card or photo ID to the security desk at 200 Wellesley to get your free ticket.
Meals - Meals are no longer available at the Wellesley Community Centre. For those of you still in temporary accommodations, food vouchers are available at the community centre, please bring your yellow registration card with you.
Library Hours - The St. James Town library is open to the public. It will be open Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Sunday and Monday. Regular hours resume on Tuesday.