NORTH TOWER RESIDENTS -Tenants who attended Saturday's Town Hall meeting were informed that:
- the North Tower was hardest hit by the fire and requires more time to remove excess moisture and clean and repair water and smoke damage
- It will be between five weeks and three months before North Tower units are ready for occupancy depending on the degree of damage
- Late next week, North Tower tenants who are still away from their home will receive a one-time clothing allowance: tenants in bachelor and one-bedroom apartments will receive $150, tenants in two-bedroom units will receive $300
- Tenants will receive this assistance through pre-paid debit cards, information on how and where to get your debit card will be available later this week
- North Tower tenants will not have to pay November rent
- Tenants staying with friends and family will also receive $10 a day for each of the next 30 days
- The assistance targets tenants who have not been able to return home or access their belongings
- If you are a North tower resident and did not attend Saturday's meeting, please call the Tenant Hotline (416-981-5520) to arrange to receive new important information
MEETING FOR SOUTH TOWER RESIDENTS - A meeting for South tower residents will be held on Tuesday, October 26th to introduce the new property management team and answer questions. More details to follow. Most units in the South tower are ready for return. If your unit number ends in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 or 15, please call 416-981-5520 to find out if you can go home.
Residents of floors 23, 24 & 25 (North) and 24 (South)�-�hese were the floors most damaged by the fire. There is a relocation office for these tenants only at 325 Bleecker Street. The office is open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.
200 Wellesley Information Centre - The information centre at the Wellesley Community Centre is open Monday to Friday, 11 am to 6 pm and on Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm (closed Sundays).
Toronto Elections - Tenants of 200 Wellesley Street East, can vote on, October 25 at the Wellesley Community Centre (495 Sherbourne Street) Gym from 10 am to 8 pm. If you do not have your ID, you can use the yellow form or the letter that you received from Toronto Community Housing to vote. You are eligible to vote if you are: a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years old on October 25, a resident of the City of Toronto, not prohibited from voting under any law.
Buses - Bus service continues between the Wellesley Community Centre and the Donation Centre at 257 Jarvis St. Buses start at 12 noon and the last bus from the Donation Centre leaves for Wellesley at 7:30 pm during the week. On weekends, buses start at 10 am and the last bus leaves the Donation Centre at 3:30 pm.
The donation centre is open Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Items available include: furniture, non-perishable food, school supplies, shoes, pots and pans, dishes, clothing, bedding and pet food.
CANADA POST - Mail delivery has resumed in the South tower. Mail pick up for tenants who have not returned to the building will be offered at the Wellesley Community Centre, Monday - Friday, until 1 pm, after mail is delivered in the South tower. A change of address form can be completed at the community centre, free of charge, if needed.
Important information for those returning home -
Change to Property Management at 200 Wellesley
- All visitors must sign in and out with security due to the Fire Watch. Visitors are allowed from 9 am - 9 pm
- Daily tests confirm that the air quality in the South tower, hallways, lobby area and laundry room is safe
- Work crews in the North tower wear protective masks and suits because they spend a lot of time in areas that are wet and smoke-damaged
- Leave fans and dehumidifiers on to help get rid of moisture
- Please return borrowed pet carriers to the Wellesley Community Centre
- Returning residents receive cleaning supplies and a Sparkle card for temporary free laundry
- Damaged wristbands can be brought into the community centre for a new one. We are working on a new system to replace wristbands.�
- On October 2nd, Toronto Community Housing took over management of 200 Wellesley. Superintendent hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm. After hours, please call the 24-hour Client Care Centre at 416-981-5500.