As of December 1, 2016, Ontario Works (OW) and the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) stopped issuing paper drug eligibility cards.
What does this mean for tenants?
- As part of your annual rent review, you can now submit your OW or ODSP and/or the Canada Child Benefits statement instead of your drug card.
- If you lose your statements or have dependents over the age of 18, you can ask your OW or ODSP caseworker for a Proof of Eligibility letter.
- If you are a new social assistance recipient, the letter must also state the month and year that you started receiving benefits.
What documents will I need to provide for my annual rent review?
- Single beneficiaries: statement of benefits from OW or ODSP.
- Households with dependents: statement of benefits from OW or ODSP and your Canada Child Benefit statement.
- Households with dependents over the age of 18: statement of benefits from OW or ODSP and Proof of Eligibility letter from your OW or ODSP caseworker.
Questions? Contact your Tenant Services Coordinator or Property Manager.