Toronto Community Housing has developed a Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information which outlines how tenants' and prospective tenants' personal information will be collected, used and disclosed.
What is the notice about?
notice specifies the type of personal information that is collected, how we
obtain the information, and provides an overview of what the personal
information is used for.
Types of information being collected
The personal information that is collected when a household applies to become a tenant of Toronto Community Housing and throughout the duration of the tenancy, may include, but is not limited to:
- The number, identity, age, marital or family status and status in Canada of the individuals
- The income and asset information, rental and employment history and other financial information of individuals living in the unit
- Medical information, police reports and other information necessary for the management of tenancy issues and to process transfer applications
- Next-of-kin or emergency contact information of individuals living in the unit
- Information about the condition of the unit, which may include photographs of the unit and its contents during inspections, pets in the unit and other living conditions
- Consumption data and account status for electricity, gas and other utilities supplied to the unit
- Information about the contact and communications that tenants and their household members and guests may have with other tenants, with TCHC staff and other individuals, in circumstances related to the tenancy
- Images of individuals and incidents on TCHC property that are captured via CCTV cameras and third party surveillance
You can read a copy of the Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure and Personal Information on the Access to information section on our website.
For questions or concerns related to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact the Information Specialist:
Toronto Community Housing
931 Yonge Street, 6th floor
Toronto, ON M4W 2H2