The July 8 storm damaged Toronto�s electricity system. It may take several weeks to bring the system back to full service.�
Toronto Hydro is putting temporary measures in place to restore power across the city.� These measures, combined with high demand for electricity during the hot weather, increase the potential for power outages.
Toronto Community Housing continues to appeal to residents to conserve electricity and to prepare for possible temporary power outages.� Here is what you can do:
- Limit use of air conditioners and major appliances
- Turn off lights you don�t need
- Unplug electronics that are turned off
- Close blinds and curtains to keep out the hot sun
- Have flashlights ready
- Have foods handy that you can eat without cooking
- Avoid opening the freezer if the power goes out
For updates on efforts to restore regular hydro service, see Toronto Hydro's website.
Thank you for doing your part to help Toronto Hydro restore electricity service to everyone in the city.