Toronto Community Housing will invest $5.7 million at the Adanac Apartments (140 Adanac Dr.) to improve living conditions, accessibility, energy efficiency and comfort for the more than 300 tenants who live in the building.
The project, part of Toronto Community Housing's 10-year capital repair plan, will repair the building's exterior and replace windows and balconies to eliminate leaking, greatly improve energy efficiency, and significantly enhance tenant comfort.
The project will make accessibility improvements both within units and in the building's entrances and common rooms. The vestibule, lobby, common areas, and laundry rooms will be redesigned to meet accessibility standards.
The project will also deliver the following energy-efficiency retrofits:
• Replace building heating/ cooling systems, equipment and associated sub‐components to improve ventilation and air quality
• Upgrade windows and exterior doors
• Upgrade plumbing fixtures
• Upgrade lighting systems, including converting to light‐emitting diode (LED) lighting systems, lighting controls, and sensors
• Upgrade, repair and remediate building envelope and balconies.
Work will begin in 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2021.
Built in 1970, the Adanac Apartments complex is a 16-storey high-rise building located near Eglinton Avenue and Markham Road in Scarborough. The building contains 306 residential units and is home to 308 tenants.
About Toronto Community Housing
Toronto Community Housing (www.torontohousing.ca
) is Canada's largest social housing landlord, providing homes for nearly 60,000 low and moderate-income households in neighbourhoods across the city. We are wholly owned by the City of Toronto and our 2,100 buildings represent a $10-billion public asset.
TCHC media line 416-737-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.