The 2015-18 TCHC/Enbridge Partnership Program has resulted in substantial reduction in greenhouse gases, improved comfort for tenants and reduced utility costs in TCHC buildings since 2015.
Enbridge has provided more than $3.2 Million in incentive funding to TCHC since 2015 in support of energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction
- Since 2015, Enbridge has provided Toronto Community Housing with more than $3.2 million in incentive funding through its Affordable Housing Program.
- Cumulatively, the projects have delivered 7.7 million meters cubed of natural gas saved and $2.9 million in avoided gas costs.
Incentive funding of $1.6 Million to TCHC in 2018 alone
- In 2018, TCHC completed 36 projects across its portfolio with Enbridge. The projects involved a combination of measures, including boilers, ventilation upgrades, and building controls.
- Through Enbridge's Affordable Housing Multi-Residential Program, Toronto Community Housing completed 36 projects and as a combined result received $1.6 million on May 17, 2019, the largest rebate cheque Enbridge has ever given.
- The combined natural gas savings for projects completed in 2018 is 1,746,950 meters cubed, and a greenhouse gas reduction of 3,266 tonnes of carbon dioxide per year – equivalent to taking 640 passenger cars off the road for one year.
- It's expected that the result of these savings will amount to an annual avoided gas cost of $524,085.
- The upgrades made available through this program helped TCHC maintain its momentum in making capital repairs to improve living conditions, safety and comfort for thousands of tenants.
- It enables TCHC to install modern energy-efficient heating and cooling systems that will reduce our utility costs and therefore help reduce our carbon footprint.
- Upgrades benefit tenants of comfort and cost, and the environment as the buildings are using less gas, more efficiently.
About the upgrades to 71 Merton Street
- The hot water system was replaced in 2018.
- Space heating and booster pumps will be changed as soon as the heating season ends.
- This upgrades the energy system at 71 Merton Street with energy efficient equipment which will save money, enhance tenant comfort, and support energy conservation.
About Toronto Community Housing
Toronto Community Housing (www.torontohousing.ca) is Canada's largest social housing landlord, providing homes for nearly 60,000 low and moderate-income households in neighbourhoods across the city. We are wholly owned by the City of Toronto and our 2,100 buildings represent a $10-billion public asset.
TCHC media line 416-737-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Enbridge Gas Inc.
Enbridge Gas Inc., formed on January 1, 2019 from the amalgamation of Union Gas Limited and Enbridge Gas Distribution, is Canada's largest natural gas storage, transmission and distribution company based in Ontario with a more than 170-year history of providing safe and reliable service to customers. The distribution business serves about 3.7 million customers, heating over 75 per cent of Ontario homes. The storage and transmission business offers a variety of storage and transportation services to customers at the Dawn Hub, the largest integrated underground storage facility in Canada and one of the largest in North America. Enbridge Gas Inc. is owned by Enbridge Inc., a Canadian-based leader in energy transportation and distribution.
Enbridge Gas media line 1-855-844-5112 or email@example.com