On November 5, over 250 tenants, staff and community members joined Toronto Community Housing for its Annual General Meeting.
It was an opportunity to hear from the Board of Directors and the Senior Management team as they reflected on the successes and challenges from the 2008 business year.
Acting�Chief Executive Officer�Keiko Nakamura and Board Chair David Mitchell addressed the audience on their reflections over the past year and looked forward to the year ahead as we continue to work on building safe and healthy communities.
Building on last year�s success of storytelling, this year we used our theme �Valuing Our Tenants, Our Community, Our People� to showcase examples of our Community Management Plan in action.
Attendees were treated to the following five videos and one in-person presentation by staff, tenants and community partners.
Regent Park Community Energy System
- Martin Cox, Project Manager, Smart Buildings and Energy Management, Toronto Community Housing
- Derek McCartney, General Manager, Regent Park Energy Inc.
Green Collar Corps
- Racquel Nelson, former Toronto Community Housing Health Promotion Officer
- Godwin Asante, Green Collar Corps member
Giving a Voice to Tenants � 123 Sackville Ave. Playground
- Penny Lamy, Health Promotion Officer, Toronto Community Housing
- Abdessama Rafifi, Toronto Community Housing tenant
Advancing Our Communities � Indian Martial & Performance Art Collective (IMPACT)
- Nadia Gouveia, Social Investment Fund Co-ordinator, Toronto Community Housing
- Gitanjali Kolanad, IMPACT Co-founder & Associate Artist
Tenant Engagement Reference Committee
- Simone Samuel, Toronto Community Housing tenant
- Magdalena Palma, Toronto Community Housing tenant
If you were unable to attend the meeting you can view the story videos by simply clicking on the links above.
Also, the "Valuing Our Tenants, Our Community, Our People", a look back at our work in 2008, was released at the Annual General Meeting.