Toronto Community Housing's 2017 Annual Report, Our way forward, is now available. It looks back at what we achieved last year and looks ahead to the work still to be done. It reports our progress in delivering our strategic priorities and shows how we worked with community agencies, partners and tenants to improve our housing, deliver better service to tenants and help strengthen our communities in 2017.
Highlights from the 2017 Annual Report
- We delivered a $250-million capital renewal program, and with early approval from our board of directors, started an additional $19.1 million of the capital work planned for 2018 in 2017.
- We completed $16 million in accessibility upgrades and in-suite modifications at more than 200 buildings, resulting in better living conditions and quality of life for 19,000 tenants.
- We expanded the Community Safety Unit bicycle patrol unit and did 41 per cent more patrols, leading to more visibility in our communities.
- With the help of our partners, we delivered sport-for-development programs to more than 2,600 children and youth.
- We responded to more than 348,000 service requests and more than 192,600 maintenance requests.
- We provided fire safety emergency procedures to 52,000 tenant households including building fire-safety plans specific to tenants.
The Annual Report also features stories about tenants and their involvement in programs or initiatives run by Toronto Community Housing. These stories will be shared on our website, and you can read the first story today.
Read the 2017 Annual Report online
Find out more about our progress in 2017 and where we are headed this year by reading the 2017 Annual Report.
Printed copies are available
Tenants who would like a printed copy of the 2017 Annual Report can call 416-981-5500, email email@example.com or visit their local Operating Unit office.
Anyone can print copies of the PDF from the website. The 2017 Annual Report was designed to be easily printed in offices or at home.