The Building our Future: Limitless Heights Scholarship Program provides Lawrence Heights and Neptune residents of all ages with financial support for post-secondary education or training.
Context-Metropia (also known as Heights Development Inc.), Toronto Community Housing's developer partner for phase one of Lawrence Heights revitalization donated $500,000 to the Toronto Community Housing scholarship fund for the purpose of helping residents to acquire knowledge and skills needed to secure better lives.
This scholarship program recognizes the commitment of resident leaders of all ages, who have been involved in community development initiatives and have made significant contributions within the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities.
The scholarship program offers:
- Up to $3,000 for tuition fees
- $300 bursary to cover additional costs, including books, laboratory materials, transportation and childcare service
Applications for the 2018 Limitless Heights Scholarship are OPEN!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does this program offer?
- Up to a $3,000 scholarship to cover tuition fees for any year of post secondary education or training (college, university, trade school, apprenticeship) applicable to any level of study.
- A $300 bursary to cover additional costs, including books, lab fees, transportation and/or childcare.
Who is eligible?
Toronto Community Housing tenants of the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities of any age who have made contributions as a community leader or have been involved in community building initiatives, AND who can answer 'yes' to all of the following:
- A current or relocated (due to ongoing revitalization) resident of Lawrence Heights or Neptune with proof of residency
- Entering the first year of a post-secondary education program (college, university, career academy, apprenticeship) or currently enrolled in a post-secondary education or training program.
- Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance
What is required for the application?
A completed and signed application form
- One reference letter
- Biography (one paragraph) and one headshot photo
- An official academic transcript (if graduated from high school in the last four years)
- A career plan developed with an employment or resource counsellor
- A personal statement describing your leadership roles in the Lawrence Heights or Neptune communities, educational achievements and how your educational goals will help you support the Lawrence Heights and Neptune communities
- A financial statement outlining your current financial need, resources available to you and how this scholarship will address your need
- Additional supporting materials related to your community work or other certifications (optional)
When is the application due?
- Applications for the 2018 Limitless Heights Scholarship are due on Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5 p.m.
How are scholarship recipients chosen?
Recipients will be chosen by an impartial adjudication committee and will be evaluated based on:
- Leadership and involvement in the community
- Academic goals and accomplishments
- Workplace experience
- Essay/personal statement
- Financial need
Who can I contact for more information? Visit the Revitalization Office at 37 Varna Drive or contact Vanessa Solorzano, Community Revitalization Assistant, at
Connect with us on social media: