"From great course to outstanding force" – If you've graduated from Police Foundations or another law enforcement/security program but feel you don't have the work experience to land a job as a special constable, rest assured, Toronto Community Housing understands that experience shouldn't only be measured in years, but in character and values as well!
Embark on a great career - The uniform is one thing, but it's what's inside that counts.
We get it's tough out there for new grads to already come with two or three years of relevant work experience, which is why TCHC offers extensive training to our new recruits providing that they bring the following:
- Knowledge of law enforcement and safety and security practices and techniques
- Interest in launching a successful career in law enforcement and community policing
- A passion for helping others and carrying out safety and security duties
- Strong relationship building skills
- Sound judgment in responding to emergency situations and investigating security incidents
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service with the utmost honesty and integrity
- A desire to work in a diverse environment and provide safety to a vulnerable population
- Community service (e.g. Big Brother, Neighbourhood Watch etc.) and volunteer experience working with a vulnerable population (e.g. elderly, at-risk youth etc.)
If this sounds like you, then apply online; you've got what we're looking for!
Interested in learning more about becoming a Special Constable at TCHC? Come check us out at one of the upcoming job fairs or career events:
November 1, 2018 – CSU Open House at 246 Sackville from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
November 3, 2018 - Protection Forces & Public Safety Career Expo, 659 Lakeshore Blvd West
November 15, 2018 - Association of Black Law Enforcers Law Enforcement Career Fair, Humber College North Campus, 205 Humber College Blvd.
February 12, 2019 - Seneca College Policing and Security Career Fair, King Campus, 13990 Dufferin St, King City (just north of Toronto)
Do you have an event you think we should attend? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. We are always looking for new partners!