Do you know someone in your community who…
If you know someone doing this, money is being wasted.
You can help reduce waste by anonymously reporting fraud and waste in your preferred language.
Toronto Community Housing has hired SECURaLINE, an independent reporting service that lets you tell us your concerns anonymously on the Internet or by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in your preferred language.
How do you report fraud?
Starting January 1, 2012, you can call the “Do What’s Right” hotline to report honest concerns of fraud or waste at 1-877-993-6744 or click here to file online. You can also write and mail a report to:
Internal Audit - Investigations Unit
c/o Toronto Community Housing
931 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2H2
- Who was involved? (provide names and locations)
- What happened? (describe what you saw or heard)
- When did it happen? (list dates and times)
- Where did it happen?
Use the “Do What’s Right” Hotline to report tenants or staff who could:
- Have damaged Toronto Community Housing property
- Have lied about their income
- Have lied on their lease
- Have accepted or given bribes
Other examples of fraud you should report can be found in the Tenant FAQ document.
Do not use this line to:
- Report pests in your unit
- Discuss your rent review
- Request repairs
- Report human rights concerns
These calls should always go to 416-981-5500
When you make a report:
1. You don’t have to give your name.
- You can fill a customized form online.
- A trained operator will document your concern when you call.
2. Your concern will be investigated.
3. You will get a tracking number for your report and you might get a follow up call during the investigation.
4. Your report will be managed with care. Retaliation against anyone who reports a concern will not be tolerated.
To learn more, download the Tenant FAQ document.
Translated versions are available below.
- Amharic application/pdf - 1610kb
- Arabic application/pdf - 1020kb
- Bengali application/pdf - 686kb
- chinese application/pdf - 445kb
- English application/pdf - 432kb
- Farsi application/pdf - 1198kb
- french application/pdf - 356kb
- greek application/pdf - 378kb
- gujarati application/pdf - 1592kb
- italian application/pdf - 342kb
- korean application/pdf - 420kb
- polish application/pdf - 355kb
- Portuguese application/pdf - 345kb
- RUSSIAN application/pdf - 1621kb
- SOMALIAN application/pdf - 1508kb
- SPANISH application/pdf - 1547kb
- tamil application/pdf - 1884kb
- twi application/pdf - 453kb
- VIETNAMESE application/pdf - 1555kb