42 Hubbard Blvd.
42 Hubbard Blvd. is an 82-year-old Toronto Community Housing building in The Beach.
The reconstruction of 42 Hubbard Blvd would not be possible without the support of the City of Toronto and the Province of Ontario. The project received Social Housing Renovation and Retrofit Program stimulus funding, which combined with an investment by Toronto Community Housing, will transform 42 Hubbard into a modern, accessible, environmentally friendly living space.
The interior demolition and construction began in late spring, 2010. We hope to have tenants move back in by late summer 2011.
The new design for 42 Hubbard Blvd. includes:
- Bright and modern apartments
- A new elevator, replacing the central staircase
- A barrier free entrance - no more steps to the front door
- Bike parking and improved landscaping
- A new common room, laundry room and rooftop patio with views to the beach
- Insulation and new windows to make units more comfortable and reduce heating costs
- Energy efficient heating, air conditioning, and lighting
- Rooftop solar panels to generate electricity
- An 'extensive' green roof which will look nice, help cool the building and prevent environmentally unfriendly rain-water run-off