Manager, Corporate Communications
Toronto Community HousingToronto Community Housing (“TCH”) is the largest social housing provider in Canada and the second largest in North America. It is home to approximately 164,000 persons with low and moderate-incomes in its 58,500 residential units. Our tenant population includes seniors, families, singles, refugees, recent immigrants to Canada, and people with special needs. Our tenants come from diverse backgrounds. This diversity includes age, education, language, sexual orientation, mental and physical disability, religion, ethnicity and race as well as increasing diversity in lifestyles and values. Our portfolio includes more than 360 high-rise and low-rise apartment buildings throughout the city.
Manager, Corporate Communications
|Salary:||$86,299.97 - $105,243.87|
|Location:||931 Yonge Street|
|Class:||Management – Grade Level 8|
|Unit:||Public Affairs/Communications||Positions Available:||1|
The Communications Unit within the Public Affairs team requires a Manager, Corporate Communications. The position reports to the Director, Strategic Communications and is responsible for corporate communications to Toronto Community Housing tenants, employees, and the public. The successful candidate will develop, coordinate, implement and support the company's corporate communications and public relations activities so that they promote the company's mission, provide value to our shareholder, and contribute to making Toronto Community Housing a landlord of excellence.
• Works with the Director, Strategic Communications to develop an annual corporate communications strategy and work plan to guide the successful implementation of communications priorities identified in the Community Management Plan
• Communications counsel - provides communications counsel to senior managers, project leads and unit managers to support effective corporate communications with staff and tenants; aligns key messages, strategies and tactics to corporate priorities
• Communications vehicles - responsible for determining, developing and managing appropriate vehicles to meet corporate communication needs, such as the staff and tenant newsletters, the annual report, videos, bulletins, town hall meetings, workshops, e-publications, etc.
• Internet and Intranet - responsible for managing and enhancing the company's internet and intranet sites to ensure that they meet the corporation's communications and business needs
• Evaluation and measurement - monitors and measures the effectiveness of communications programs, and assesses communications vehicles, tactics and practices on ongoing basis
• Supports managers as, colleagues, tenants and board members by providing them with communications coaching and counsel
• Manages the development of clear, effective and timely communications support tools and templates, such as presentations, talking points, backgrounders, and Qs & As
• Manages the provision of communication support services, including writing and editing, translation, graphic design, desktop publishing, web design, and production services, through the supervision of an in-house team and outside service providers
• Provides leadership and manages the corporate communications team
• Provides input into the annual communications budget and work plan, and manages the corporate communications budget
• 8 years of experience in the field of corporate communications, public relations, business writing, marketing communications or related fields
• Leadership experience and ability to provide direction to staff in a respectful manner, and to coach, mentor and engage others in good communications practices
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications plans, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and providing communications counsel to senior managers
• Demonstrated ability to network and build working relationships with the Board of Directors, the CEO and Executive team, senior management, frontline staff and middle-management peers
• Strong experience developing, writing and editing a wide range of communications materials, and in applying clear language and design principles
• Strong experience in managing content for internets and intranets
• Experience working in or with the public sector or not-for-profit sector
• A commitment to providing respectful service to all clients
Toronto Community Housing is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, sexual minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal persons.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications must be received by May 30, 2012 at:
Human Resources Division
Toronto Community Housing Corporation
931 Yonge Street 4th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4W 2H2
Fax: (416) 981-4260
Posting Date: May 16, 2012