Tenant Board Member Selection
Tenant board member selection process
The term for the two current tenants on the Board of Directors will expire in June 2015. Two tenant nominees for the Board of Directors will be elected by Tenant Representatives during a voting process that will be held from May 12 to 15, 2015.
Tenant Representatives selected to review the applications on April 25 will be reviewing all applications submitted.
The names of the two successful candidates (and two alternates) will be put forward to City Council for consideration. The two successful tenants selected to the board will start new terms in July 2015.
The Toronto Community Housing Board of Directors consists of three City Councillors, the Mayor or Mayor's designate, and nine citizen appointees, two of whom are Toronto Community Housing tenants. Toronto Community Housing nominates two tenants for the tenant board members positions through a process developed by tenants, and sent to City Council for approval.
Video: All-Candidates Meeting - May 4, 2015
Tenant Board Member Candidates
- Carlo, Robert (Nominee)
- Dressler, Anita (Alternate)
- Hall, Conrad (Alternate)
- Jeffery, Keven
- Kamal, Mostafa
- Martin, Cliff
- Qase, Nur
- Wilkinson, Catherine (Nominee)
Voting Results: Nominees and Alternates
- Application Process (PDF)
- Application Form (PDF) - Form must be downloaded and saved on your computer before it can be edited.
- Summary of Eligibility Requirements (PDF)
- TCHC Code of Conduct for Board Directors (PDF)
- TCHC Conflict of Interest Policy for Board Directors (PDF)
- TCHC Human Rights, Harassment, and Fair Access Policy for Board Directors (PDF)
- Voting Dates and Times - May 12 to 15
- Tenant Board Directors Selection Information Session presentation (PDF)
- Shareholder Direction (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 2 (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 2A (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 3 (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 3A (PDF)
- Operating Agreement (PDF)
- Operating Agreement - Amendment (PDF)
Legislation is based on http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/
- April 22 (before 4 p.m.): Deadline for submitting applications
- May 4 (6:30 - 8:30 pm): All-candidates meeting - North York Civic Centre, Council Chambers, 5100 Yonge St.
- May 12 to 15: Voting days