Tenant Board Member Selection
Tenant board member selection process
In June 2015, the term for the two current tenants on the Board of Directors expired. Two tenant nominees for the Board of Directors were elected by Tenant Representatives during a voting process that was held from May 12 to 15, 2015.
The names of the two successful candidates (and two alternates) were put forward to City Council for consideration. The two successful tenants selected to the board started new terms in July 2015.
The Toronto Community Housing Board of Directors consists of three City Councillors, the Mayor or Mayor's designate, and nine citizen appointees, two of whom are Toronto Community Housing tenants. Toronto Community Housing nominates two tenants for the tenant board members positions through a process developed by tenants, and sent to City Council for approval.
Video: All-Candidates Meeting - May 4, 2015
- TCHC Code of Conduct for Board Directors (PDF)
- TCHC Conflict of Interest Policy for Board Directors (PDF)
- TCHC Human Rights, Harassment, and Fair Access Policy for Board Directors (PDF)
- Tenant Board Directors Selection Information Session presentation (PDF)
- Shareholder Direction (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 2 (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 2A (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 3 (PDF)
- Corporate Bylaw - Number 3A (PDF)
- Operating Agreement (PDF)
- Operating Agreement - Amendment (PDF)
Legislation is based on http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/
- Ontario Business Corporations Act
- Housing Services Act
- Residential Tenancies Act
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act