Adding a person to your household
Thinking of applying to add another person to your lease?
There’s a new policy about adding to your household. It applies to Rent Geared to Income and Market Rent tenants. Here is what you should know:
Three things you need to do:
1. Complete the new request form >> Download Part 1 and Part 2 of the form below.
2. Attach supporting documents
3. Send or bring the information to your Operating Unit office. Find your Operating Unit Office.
If your request is approved:
• You will be asked to sign a new lease
• Your rent will be re-calculated based on your new household income
• If the person being added to your lease was on the central waiting list, he or she will be removed from the list
Before another person can be added to the lease, they must meet the following conditions:
• the person must be eligible for a rent-geared-to-income subsidy
• the person must not have been evicted from Toronto Community Housing for non-arrears issues in the last two years
• adding the person must meet the occupancy standards (under the Toronto Municipal Code Property Standards section)
• your account must be in good standing