About reporting your income
When to use the Household Income and Assets Review Form:
The Annual Review Package is mailed to all households once every year. By law, Toronto Community Housing must review the income and assets for each person in your household. Based on this review we decide if you still qualify for a rent-geared-to-income (RGI) subsidy.
Households are required by law to report changes when they happen. These changes include:
- Change in monthly income (Increase or decrease in monthly salary)
- Change of income source (For example: Changing from Employment Income to Employment Insurance Benefits, Social Assistance, WSIB, etc.)
- Change of job
- Change in household composition (Someone moves in or out of the unit)
For more information contact your Operating Unit office.
WHEN SIGNING A LEASE:
- When you move into Toronto Community Housing for the first time
- When you transfer to a new RGI unit in Toronto Community Housing
ANY TIME YOUR RGI ELIGIBILITY NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
To report these changes tenants must complete the Household Income and Assets Review Form
There are three things to remember when reporting changes:
1. The Income and Assets Review Form:
- Complete the form naming all household members and
- Household members who are 16 years or older must sign Part A, B and C on pages 3 and 4 of the form
- A witness must sign Part A, B, and C to verify your signature
2. Show proof of your income and assets from all sources for each member of your household.
- For more information please see How to Show Proof of your Household Income and Assets
If you are employed it is preferred that you obtain:
- An employment letter on company letterhead or
- Paystubs for 12 weeks in a row or three months in a row
If you cannot get this information your employer can fill out the Proof of Employment Form
- Provide the names and phone numbers of two people we can call in case of an emergency. This form can be updated at any time.